Information for our canine guests
All guests must be fully immunised and provide proof of a current C5 vaccination certificate.
Please note that guests must have received their booster a minimum of 2 weeks prior to their check in date.
Some veterinarians use a live virus, which means the dog will get a mild version of canine cough. This still results in the dog being highly contagious and can shed canine cough cells for up to 10 days without displaying any symptoms. For the welfare of our guests boarding, we cannot accept guests who have been immunised within two weeks of their check in date.
Yes your dog is vaccinated against Canine Cough (kennel cough) but unfortunately this does not give your dog total immunity.
Whilst Granite Hill ensure a spotless environment and only accepts fully vaccinated guests, and disinfects twice a day vaccinations can only reduce symptoms, they do not prevent your dog contracting canine cough. This virus is airborne and floats around the Melbourne region during certain times of the year and is bought into the facility by canine guests.
- If your pet wears a coat bring it along with them
- Please make sure the coat is clearly named
Granite Hill provides all beds and bedding.
Feeding & General Care
Our menu consists of a quality dry food – Royal Canin mixed with a delicious chicken and brown rice loaf or chicken and vegetable loaf
Our guests are fed twice a day at no extra charge
Special Diets & medications
- If your pet requires a special medical diet we are happy to make sure this is served, so bring this as well.
- Medication can be administered as directed by you.
- Please ensure any provided meals or medications are clearly labelled.
- We have a Vet on call 24 hours a day and if your pet should become ill we arrange immediate care either with your vet, if they are in the local area, or this clinic.
- Please note as part of our standard of care we provide a warm hydro-bath and blow-dry for all guests that stay more than three nights. There is a one-off fee between $20 – $55 depending on the guest size and coat length.
Our canine guests enjoy a spacious modern facility with a country garden outlook and dedicated caring staff.
The Bungalows and Garden Suite sleeping quarters are constructed from state of the art material which ensures your pets are cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
All the living areas are insulated for warmth in the winter and are white to reflect the heat in the summer. These quarters are double sized and designed to be able to comfortably accommodate two large dogs.
All Bungalows and Garden Suites have a cooling misting system for the summer time and for the winter months there is overhead heating.
At night the Bungalows are fully enclosed with roller shutters for additional security and weather protection. Throughout the day our canine guests are taken into large grassed play areas where they can chase a ball, play with their companion or just relax on the grass.
Our Cottage and Villas are fully heated with air conditioning and ceiling fans.
Where possible we will accept undesexed males and in season females but there is an additional charge for both. Note: Due to high demand during peak times we are unable to accept these guests.
2490 Princes Hwy, Tynong VIC 3813
03 5629 1163